Jeremy Greenspan (right, with partner Matthew Didemus) and his Toronto-based Junior Boys are one of the finest working electro-pop duos today, due in large part to Greenspan’s deft touch with a synth, hyper-focused songwriting, and bedroom-y vocals. He’s also been a good friend of Ghostly’s for a long time now—check his remix of Mobius Band ’s “The Loving Sounds of Static” on our Idol Tryouts Two compilation. Having just released Begone Dull Care, Junior Boys’ tightest (and possibly best) album to date, Jeremy sat down with us to answer Five Questions…
1. Why should people listen to your music?
We are very discreet, but we will haunt your dreams.
2. What record, by what artist, is your “turning-point” album?
3. What song should play every time you enter a room?
4. What project are you working on at this exact moment?
We’re on tour in Europe RIGHT NOW. Also, we’re working on a few remixes.
5. How about a piece of sage advice for the younger generation?
Wu-Tang is here forever, mutherfuckas.