At the moment, School of Seven Bells have a full plate, and then some: A string of solid singles, a fantastically successful debut record (the deluxe re-release of Alpinisms arrives on Vagrant Records on October 13th), and a just-launched headlining tour of North America. Alejandra Deheza, one-half of the trio’s twin-sister lead singers, provided a few enigmatic (but strangely appealing) responses to our Five Questions…
1. In exactly 13 words, how would you describe your music to someone who had never heard it before?
Jovian, pink laser, Cirrostratus clouds, apparent horizon, line of apsides, perihelion, aphelion, kale
2. How does a School of Seven Bells songs come into being?
We just write the fucker.
3. How do you entertain yourselves during long drives on tour?
Sam Valenti knows about this. We made up our own religion last time. META, it’s called. Don’t look for us. We’ll look for you.
4. What’s the one record you can’t live without, and why?
My own. That’s how I make my living.
5. How about a piece of sage advice for the younger generation?
“I can’t believe Michael is fucking forcing us to go to the fucking pyramids!” – Megan Fox